If I Was in Charge of the School…
By Isabel L.
I mainly enjoy being in school, but I have to admit that there are a few things that I would like to change. Here are a few things that are on my list:
- In this school I feel like girls shouldn’t have to wear skirts because when girls go to gym and recess they have to take really small steps when they run. Also, there are not a lot of skirts that go under the knee except these tight skirts. It is often times hard to find just the right skirt (color, size and length), which is frustrating.
- I feel like the school should change the catering service since a lot of the kids do not like the food. I once skipped a day of lunch last year and I started to feel light-headed and hungry even after eating afternoon snack.
- At school I feel like there should be vending machines since a lot of parents don’t have time to pack snack or parents pack too little. S, if there are vending machines at school then all the parents have to do is give their kids $2.00 and then they can get their own snack.
- Kids at school should have 15 minutes more of recess because kids my age should be able to have a little more freedom and they should get some more fresh air. Rather than having only twenty minutes of recess and spending 5 minutes of it going back to their classrooms and putting their lunch boxes away, maybe we can increase the total time.
- I feel like classes in this school should have class pets; if kids are feeling upset they would always have a friend that will always be happy with them. And I know that the school has to spend money on a lot of things and they might not want to spend some of it on animals, but I think that there could be a fund in each class and the money would go towards the goal of having enough to get a class pet. Kids would keep their class pet and would just move their class pet along with them to their new classrooms.
These are just some of the ways that I would like to change the school. I think that these improvements can be made with a little bit of time and effort.