Portrait by Tzipporah D.
Can you guess which teacher this is? Artist and BCHA Roving Reporter created her own Mona Lisa-esque drawing of a teacher here at BCHA. Let us know is you have any thoughts. Send a note to email@example.com if you have a guess.
Interview with Dr. Cik by Maddie W.
BCHA school psychologist, Dr. Cik, has been working for the school for six years. She loves helping people and her job. She grew up in New York City as a child. Dr. Cik said that to become a psychologist, she earned a you a doctorate as well as other university degrees. Dr. Cik loves helping students with their problems and working with kids of all ages. She also became a psychologist because she loves helping people. Dr.Cik’s job is very important for the school and is someone who always tries to help.
Interview with Morah H. By Isabel L.K.
- Have you ever wanted to learn about a teacher’s life outside of school? Well, now you can read all about Morah Lauren Hazony, one of BCHA’s middle school Hebrew teachers. She’s not only a student, but she’s a BCHA alumni.
- How was it like when you were a student at Bi-Cultural? In a lot of ways it feels the same.
- What grades do you teach now? I teach 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.
- What was your favorite class of all the classes you’ve ever taught? 2nd grade Chumash.
- How long have you been teaching at BCHA? Four years.
- Have you taught at other schools besides BCHA? Yes, I taught at Carmel and Temple Sholom and Bet Torah.
- Where did you go to college? Boston University.
- Did you go to any other schools besides BCHA? Solomon Schecher and Gan Yeladim.
- Do you wish that you had BCHA until 12th grade when you were little? I have never thought of it as an option but I am glad how it turned out.
- Do you have children? Yes, I have two daughters.
- How do you juggle being a mom and a teacher? It’s a lot of work and I try my best to be a good teacher at school and a good mom at home.
Interview with Mrs. Kfare
By Shira H.
Mrs. Kfare has been with the school for many years and has taught in many grades. We sat down with her recently to learn a little more about her.
- What grade do you teach and are you glad you teach this grade? I teach 1st and 2nd grades and I am glad I teach those grades.
- What do you like about teaching? I like that I get to teach kids to read Hebrew and about the Jewish holidays.
- Have you taught at any other school or grade? I also teach Hebrew school.
- What school did you go to when you were a kid? One of the schools i went to when i was a kid was Beth Jacob.
- How long have you been teaching here? This is my 19th year teaching here.
Interview with Ms. Tully By Isabel L.K.
- Have you ever wanted to run a marathon? Well, this is the biggest one I’ve ever heard about.
- How long was the marathon? 26.2 miles
- Do you think you did well? I do.
- Do you run marathons often? I run them once a year.
- How long did it take you to run? 3 hours and 50 minutes.
- Did you train to do it? I did, for 8 months.
- Do you just run or do you do other types of exercises? I do biking and yoga.
- Why did your run the marathon? To challenge myself mentally and physically.
- How many people were in the marathon? About 37,000.
- Where was the marathon? It was in Chicago.